Oliveto reopens with new look…

Dec

4

2013

ONE of Bahrain’s most popular restaurants is to re-open two years after it was destroyed in a fire.

Following a complete overhaul, Oliveto will be unrecognisable for the regular customer except for a grand piano in the large open plan dining hall, which was the only thing left after the blaze ripped through the Adliya restaurant on January 4 last year.

Owner Paolo Arca admits the project was a challenge, saying there were moments he never thought he would get to this point.

“I was devastated when it happened, I couldn’t work and I didn’t know what to do,” he told the GDN.

“It has taken a lot of hard work and effort but now we are back to offer fine Italian cuisine to our customers old and new.

“The restaurant still has a very comfortable feel that makes you feel at home but now it is like a very modern Italian home and our outdoor lounge and dining area really makes you feel like you are in the Mediterranean.

“It has been almost two years since the fire and it’s been a very frustrating time with lots to do and at first I thought we would never reach this point.

“But here we are about to open and I am very, very pleased.”

An official opening will be held tomorrow night, which will be attended by Italian Ambassador Alberto Vecchi.

The restaurant has been completely transformed with the old dining area now a lounge and a new open plan dining area built in its place.

Enrico Mari Greco, the architect behind the design, started construction in August last year.

“It took us a while to decide exactly what we wanted to do,” he said.

“In the end we decided to completely start from scratch, everything is new and modern and looks so much better than ever, like a phoenix rising from the flames.”

In: News Asked By: [192 Blue Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »